Hi. My name is Brendan McKernan and I write and draw Detective Sloth. I’m a big fan of many things, including but not limited to: comics, movies, music, books, boxing, robots, aliens, dinosaurs, and RoboCop. This comic combines my love of detective fiction with the arboreal beast I believe to be the undisputed monarch of the animal kingdom: the three-toed sloth. Sloths, I think we can all agree, are awesome. That’s pretty much all there is to it.
- Detective Sloth drives a 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1.
- Detective Sloth uses a Taurus Model 44 .44 Magnum Revolver with a 6 inch barrel.
- Because of his unfortunate lack of opposable thumbs, Detective Sloth sports a custom revolver, lighter, and hand-held radio.
- Detective Sloth’s badge number is 2218 and his radio call number is 904.
- There’s at least one reference to a famous police movie / television show / book in most Detective Sloth strips. If you find them, you’ll win a No-Prize!